The Performance program is designed as the next step in the golfing pathway for JNJG juniors. After spending a minimum of one year in the Development Squad juniors who meet the criteria have the opportunity to be selected for this program.
JNJG Performance Program
The JNJG Performance Program is for players aged 18 years or under at the time of selection that have shown the potential, desire and elite athlete attributes to be highly ranked state and national amateurs and future members of Golf NSW and Golf Australia High Performance Programs. Players will have access to support and resources to assist them in achieving this goal.
Generally selection into the JNJG Performance Squad will come after spending a minimum of one year in the JNJG Development Squad. Selection will be based on evidence based data collected during this program which include but not limited to the following;
- shots to hole statistics;
- skill tests;
- physical assessment and progressions;
- playing and tournament participation;
- squad training attendance;
- handicap changes;
- observable elite athlete personal attributes, attitudes and behaviours;
- results in National, State and major JNJG events;
- National and State rankings;
- program reporting adherence;
- “coachability” - willingness to learn and try new things
- good representative of JNJG and Golf NSW
Other subjective factors will also be taken into consideration during selection. Subjectivity will be on the basis of the JNJG Player Development Managers and Golf NSW High Performance Mangers experience in talent identification and knowledge of the requirements of becoming an elite national level amateur.
Selection Note- The JNJG Player Development Manager and Golf NSW High Performance Manager may select players that are in a gap year that have not been a member of the JNJG Development Squad previously, based on the premise that with support these players could achieve elite national levels in the ensuing years.
To be eligible for selection into the JNJG Performance Squad, selected players must meet the following criteria:
- Australian Citizen;
- Must be 18 years or younger at the time of selection;
- Must be in the process of completing secondary school or in a gap year. Consideration will be given to those that have left school before completing the HSC but are currently studying VET Course (Certificate III or above).
For more information on the program please contact JNJG Player Development Manager Khan Pullen.